Town of Cortlandt - FT
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.), possession of a Professional Civil Engineer’s License and/or 10 years of experience in Civil engineering responsibilities. Direct the activities of the Department of Environmental Services (Highway, Parks, Sanitation and Water), experience in the design, construction and maintenance of highways, managing/scheduling municipal road crews, drainage, sewers, and other facilities including sewers and refuse disposal facilities including all recycling matters. Salary commensurate with experience. Westchester County residents preferred. Deadline for application: February 28, 2019. E-mail resume to C. Vahey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Town of Cortlandt government is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ASSESSMENT CLERK – OFFICE OF THE TOWN ASSESSOR
Town of Cortlandt - FT
The Town of Cortlandt is currently seeking to fill the position of Assessment Clerk in the Office of the Town Assessor. Under the general supervision of the
Assessor, incumbents of this position perform specialized clerical work in the preparation and maintenance of assessment rolls and records. Must have excellent computer skills and strong experience with spreadsheets, word processing and data base software. Experience in working with the public. Familiarity with the field of real estate and assessment preferred. Three (3) years of work experience, in areas of assessment records or the appraisal or sale of real estate. Salary commensurate with experience. Town of Cortlandt residents preferred. Deadline for application: January 25, 2019. E-mail resume to C. Vahey at email@example.com. EOE
YOUTH EMPLOYMENT SERVICES (Y.E.S) COORDINATOR – DEPARTMENT OF RECREATION AND CONSERVATION
Town of Cortlandt – PT
The Town of Cortlandt is currently seeking to fill the position of Coordinator for Youth Employment Services in the Department of Recreation and Conservation. Please see information below. Town of Cortlandt residents preferred. Deadline for application: February 1, 2019. E-mail resume to C. Vahey at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite, specifically Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Has a working knowledge of the internet.
- Has a working knowledge of social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Has the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
- Has the ability to create, update and maintain organized files for different job duties.
- Has the ability to keep consistency of each job posting, listing contacts, websites, phone numbers, etc.
- Has the ability to keep consistency of student lists, showing names, ages, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, skills and interest.
- Create, update and maintain job postings for local businesses.
- Create, update and maintain job postings for local residents in need of student workers (i.e. babysitting, lawn maintenance, house work, tutors, etc.).
- Create, update and maintain a student worker list.
- Return phone calls and emails in a timely manner and copying the Youth Center Director on all email communications.
- Create, update and maintain job posting specifically for youth ages 14 – 16 years old. Work closely with the Guidance Counselors in the Lakeland and Hendrick Hudson School Districts to promote job postings as well as to compile a list of students, with specific skill sets interested in working.
- Perform community outreach to get the word out about the Y.E.S. Program and posting sites.
- Work with the school districts for cafeteria days to build the student’s awareness of the program and enhance recruitment for the student worker list (for local residents).
- Employee will report to the Cortlandt Youth Center during business hours: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
- Work shift will be will be (2) three hour shifts or (3) two hour shifts for a total of six hours per week.
- $15 per hour