TOWN BOARD AGENDA –
Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of
1. Public Hearing to consider adopting Local Laws providing for an increase in the income limits for tax exemption of real estate property owned by certain persons with disabilities or who are 65 years or older.
a) Close Hearing
b) Adopt Negative Declarations
c) Adopt Local Laws
2. Reconvene a Public Hearing to consider the construction of a
Wireless Communication Facility by Sprint Spectrum L.P. at
a) Close Hearing
b) Adopt a Negative Declaration
c) Adopt a Resolution
HEARING OF CITIZENS – AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Receive and File Bids opened on
For the month of October from the Recreation Division of DES.
For the month of November from the Water Division of DOTS, the Recreation Division of DES and the Town Justices.
For the month of December, 2003 from the Office for the Aging/DES, the Water Division of DOTS, the Receiver of Taxes the Town Justices and the Town Clerk.
The 2003 Annual Report from the Director of DOTS on Capital Improvements, the Receiver of Taxes and the Town Clerk.
Receive and file the following:
1. Reports from DES with respect to the following:
a) Oriole Lane Field
b) Van Cortlandtville Cemetery
c) Use of Letteri Field
presented at the
3. Draft Emergency Operations Revision Update from the Town Homeland Safety and Security Coordinator.
from Gail Ruh with respect to drainage issues at
5. Inspection Reports from the NRC with respect to Indian Point Units 2 and 3 dated December, 2003.
Receive and file the following:
1. Letter dated
2. Memo from the Planning Division of DOTS with respect to Wetlands Permit Expiration.
3. Letters from
1. With respect to the Planning Board:
a) Reappoint Ivan Klein as a member.
b) Designate Steve Kessler Chairman and Loretta Taylor as Vice Chairman.
2. With respect to the Zoning Board of Appeals:
a) Reappoint Raymond Reber as a member.
b) Designate John Mattis as Chairman and Wai Man Chin as Vice Chairman.
3. Appoint Councilman John Sloan as Deputy Supervisor for the year 2004.
4. Appoint the Town Attorney, the Town Comptroller, and the Director of Technical Services.
5. Authorize employment contracts with respect to various Department Heads, Deputies and Managers.
6. Appoint the Purchasing Director.
7. Reappoint Garrison Jackson and Kathryn Catala as members of the PRC Advisory Board and Kathryn Catala as the Chairperson for the year 2004.
8. Reappoint John Lentini as a member of the Board of Assessment Review.
9. Appoint Richard Cohen as a member of the CAC to fill a vacancy.
10. Appoint the members to the Traffic Safety Advisory Committee
11. Appoint members of the Cortlandt Regional ALS Committee and reappoint Councilman Cerreto as Chairman and Jeff Tkacs as staff coordinator and Councilman John Sloan as an alternate of same for the year 2004.
12. Authorize setting the salaries for Town employees for the year 2004.
13. Appoint the following for the year 2004:
a) Voting Machine Custodians.
b) Bingo Inspector.
c) Town Safety Committee with Jeff Tkacs and Claudia Vahey as Co-
d) Bennett-Kielson & Co. as Town Auditors.
14. Authorize agreements for the following insurance with:
a) Triad Group as the manager of the Town’s Self-Insured
b) Insurance Corporation of
15. Adopt the following resolutions:
a) Rules of Procedure for Town Board Meetings.
b) Designate the 2004 Official Newspaper and alternates.
c) Designate the 2004 Depositories.
d) Designate the Supervisor and Human Resources Coordinator as
authorizing authority to execute all Civil Service forms.
e) Designate Town Board liaisons to various Town Departments, Boards, Councils and Committees for 2004.
f) Authorize mileage rates for Town Officials and employees for 2004.
16. Authorize Town Officials to attend the Association of Towns training sessions in February in NYC; and designate the voting delegate and the alternate.
17. Authorize the Supervisor to execute the following 2004 Agreements and/or Contracts:
a) All contracts on behalf of the Town awarded by the Purchasing Director for 2004.
b) Applications for pool and concession permits.
c) Applications for State Aid for Youth and Senior Citizens.
f) Inter-Local Agreements for Nor-West Regional Services.
g) All nutrition contracts.
with the City of
Agreement with the Paramount Performing Arts Center with respect to the Town of
k) Agreement with the Villages covering shared equipment.
l) Agreement with the Villages covering freon disposal.
m) Agreement with the Villages authorizing the Town Purchasing Director to advertise bids on behalf of the Villages.
n) All personal service contracts.
18. Authorize the Supervisor to execute
19. Authorize a $1,000 Grant to the Van Cortlandtville Historical Society in memory of Walter (Skeet) and Grace Kelly.
20. Direct the preparation of As-Built Surveys for use in the acceptance of town road with respect to Stonefield Farms Subdivision.
21. Direct the Town Attorney and the Director and Deputy for Planning of DOTS to draft a Town Affordable Housing Program for consideration by the Town Board.
22. Authorize the following with respect to the Department of Technical Services:
a) Amend the fee schedule.
b) Extend a Professional Service Agreement with Diane DiNunzio for Master
Plan and Open Space Services for three additional months.
c) Award a Professional Service
contract with respect to the
d) Award an RFP for survey and design services in conjunction with NYS DOT
with respect to a proposed sidewalk along Rt. 9A in the area of Springvale Inn.
e) Contract for the construction of a drainage improvement at the intersection of
23. Award an RFP with respect to producing a CableTV show promoting local businesses.
ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA
Web Site address: www.townofcortlandt.com