Job Opportunity - Department of Recreation & Conservation Senior Youth Aide
Senior Youth Aide
Department of Recreation and Conservation
Town of Cortlandt - FT
Town of Cortlandt government seeks a senior youth aide to assist the Cortlandt Youth Center Director in the planning, developing and
supervision of various youth-related activities at the Cortlandt Youth Center. The youth center is open on nights and weekends. Must be available to work both nights and weekends. Key characteristics of the position:
- Assists in the development and implementation of cultural, social, educational and recreational programs for groups and individuals such as drug prevention, behavioral control, family events, sports, arts and crafts, etc.
- Assists in the daily working operation of the Youth Center and assumes Director’s responsibilities in her absence.
- A working knowledge of budgets, purchasing, etc. maintains necessary records and paperwork pertaining to programs and events.
- Ability to conduct business with youth, parents, staff and community members in a professional manner.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Suite, flyer design programs and a quick study for other computer related skills.
- A working knowledge of social media outlets.
- Responsible for community outreach.
- Supervises the work of subordinate personnel.
- Accompany participants on field trips.
- May perform other incidental tasks, as needed.
Must have four (4) years of experience where the primary function is working with and supervising the behavior of children and youths in a recreational, after school or other youth related program. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Recreation, or Recreation Therapy. Salary commensurate with experience. Deadline for application: May 24, 2019.
E-mail resume to C. Vahey at email@example.com. Town of Cortlandt government is an Equal Opportunity Employer.