Press Release - FDR State Park Partnership with Town
For more information contact:
Linda D. Puglisi, Supervisor
Town of Cortlandt
(914) 734-1002; Fax: (914) 734-1003
Cortlandt Manor, NY
July 9, 2020
FDR State Park Partnership with Town of Cortlandt
Town of Cortlandt Supervisor Linda Puglisi and the Cortlandt Town Board are pleased to announce a partnership with the FDR State Park Pool to provide swimming to our residents this summer. Located at 2957 Crompond Road, (Route 202) FDR Park has a 1.5-million-gallon pool which includes deep and shallow water as well as lap lanes.
Beginning July 13, 2020, The Town of Cortlandt will cover entrance fees on weekdays so that residents may enter the pool facility free of charge. This is available to all Town of Cortlandt residents with a Town of Cortlandt Recreation Photo ID Card Monday – Friday from 11:00 AM – 5 PM until August 14, 2020. Please see below for additional details on how to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity:
- Town of Cortlandt Recreation Photo ID Cards are required for entrance into the FDR Park Pool Facility. Town of Cortlandt Recreation Photo ID Cards can be purchased thorough the Town of Cortlandt Recreation Department for $7.00 per card ($3.50 for Town of Cortlandt residents, ages 60+). Cards are valid for three years from date of purchase. Please click here www.townofcortlandt.com/recidcardprocedures for more information on how to purchase an ID Card.
- If a Town of Cortlandt Resident wants to bring a non-resident as a guest, the non-resident will have to pay the daily rate of $3.00 per person
- Parking- a Vehicle Use Fee (VUF) is required for all visitors to FDR Park (not included with your TOC ID card). Parking options are below:
- $10 per day per vehicle OR
- $80 for an Empire Pass card for the Season. This pass can be utilized in multiple cars in the same family. The Empire Pass also allows for unlimited day-use entry at most facilities operated by the New York State Parks Department and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation which includes forests, beaches, trails and more.
- Click here https://parks.ny.gov/admission/default.aspx for more information on how to purchase the Empire Pass.
- The Park and pool will be at reduced density this summer to stem coronavirus contagion. Persons coming into the pool facility are required to wear a mask in the public areas. Families are asked to place their blankets 10 feet apart in the vicinity of the pool. There are no floatables or pool toys allowed.
Please call the Recreation Department at 914-734-1050 with any questions pertaining to this unique opportunity for Cortlandt residents.