Please select a year.
Employment Opportunity: Permit Clerk (Spanish Speaking)
Permit Clerk (Spanish Speaking)
Town of Cortlandt – PART TIME – 19 Hours Per Week
Office of the Town Clerk
The Office of the Town Clerk is seeking a PART TIME Permit Clerk (Spanish Speaking). The individual in this position is primarily responsible for the issuance of permits and licenses including parking, fishing, hunting, marriage, dog and conservation licenses and permits. This position may receive fees, bonds and insurance certificates, as required, and may maintain related financial records. In addition, the candidate in this position may review the requirements for issuing a permit license or other document with the municipal clerk, attorney or appropriate agency. The candidate must be fluent in both the Spanish and English languages, providing interpretive and information services. Supervision is not a responsibility of this position.
- Communicates orally and in writing in both Spanish and English
- Interviews applicants seeking permits and licenses
- Explains application processes and applicable ordinances, in person, by phone or by written communication in both Spanish and English languages
- Maintains complex filing system either manually or through use of computer software
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail
- Prepares and issues permits and licenses
- Collects fees related to the permits and licenses and prepares the daily cash reports
- Issues receipts
- Assists in compiling and preparing documents in response to Freedom of Information requests
- Performs clerical duties for the Office of the Town Clerk
- Prepares monthly and annual reports
- May prepare birth certificates and death certificates
- May provide translation services
- Uses computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software in performing work assignments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of high school or equivalency diploma and three (3) years of experience where the primary function of the position was performing clerical work, one (1) year of which must have included the use of computer applications to perform clerical functions. In addition, must be able to read, write and converse fluently in the Spanish language at a level sufficient to pass a Spanish language proficiency test administered by Westchester County Human Resources. Hourly rate of pay is $27.46
To apply contact Claudia Vahey, email@example.com. Town of Cortlandt is an EOE. Application deadline March 10, 2023.