Click on the image below for more information about Recycle Right Westchester!
This app will allow Town of Cortlandt residents to view pickup schedules for any address in the Town where sanitation services are provided by Cortlandt Sanitation. This app also allows residents to sign up for notifications when scheduled pickups at their location may change due to storms, road closures, etc.!
THE WEEK OF SEPT 25TH WILL BE A REGULAR SOLID WASTE COLLECTION WEEK WITH BROWN BAG ORGANICS BEING PICK UP ON FRIDAY SEPT 29TH. ALL SANITATION SERVICES START AT 7AM.
- All Cortlandt residents can bring their E-Waste items to the Village of Buchanan at 218 Westchester Avenue Monday - Friday between 8:00 AM -3:00 PM.
- Freon items will no longer be accepted during E-Waste drop offs. Payment for a special bulk pick-up can be set up by the Sanitation office. For fees and instructions please click on this link 2023 Sanitation Brochure and go to page 4 SPECIAL SERVICES (FEE REQUIRED). Sanitation office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
- Food Scrap Drop-Off Program– the Sustainable Materials Management, Inc. Food Scrap Drop-Off Program provides households with a convenient means to recycle their food scraps. Please visit their website for more information at https://smmcompost.com/drop-off.
- Westchester County has partnered with PaintCare to greatly expand the county paint recycling program. The Household Material Recovery Facility (HMRF) is now accepting a variety of paints with some restrictions. Please click on this link https://environment.westchestergov.com/residents/recycling-guidelines/paint-oil-and-latex or call Westchester County Recycling Hotline for more information at 914-813-5425.
- Upcoming Westchester County Clean-Up day on Sunday, September 17th at Charles Point Recovery Facility 3 John Walsh Blvd. CLICK HERE to view the list of accepted/unaccepted items. For more information please call the County's Recycling Helpline at 914-813-5425.
Steve Ferreira, P.E., Director
Christina Edwards, Deputy Director, D.E.S. - Administration
Brian McIntyre, General Foreman
Regular Office Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
All Sanitation Services start at 7:00 AM
Summer Sanitation Services start at 6:00 AM
Yard waste must be placed in brown biodegradable paper bags or loose in a garbage can. Yard waste in plastic bags of any kind will not be collected. Please refer to the 2022 Sanitation and Recylcing Calendar (which is a clickable link below) for pickup dates. For more information on the Westchester County Love 'Em and Leave 'Em Program please visit http://www.leleny.org .
Town Regulation- All mattresses and box springs out for disposal must be placed in sealed plastic bags. Bags can be purchased at your local hardware store or online.
This facility, centrally located in Valhalla, is open year-round and will accept household chemical waste. Their address is 15 Woods Rd, Valhalla. Hours of operation are Tuesday -Saturday from 10 AM- 3 PM Residents can also bring documents for shredding and expired or unwanted medication for disposal on the first Tuesday of each month. Call 914-813-5425 for more information.