Please select a year.
Important Notes from the Assessor’s Office
Deadline: Every year, May 1st is the Town’s Taxable Status Date as set by NYS Department of Taxation and Finance.
May 1st is the deadline for the submission of ALL exemption applications—both new and renewals.
- If you are a senior currently receiving the Senior Aged Exemption (pink colored renewal form), you must provide your entire 2022 federal tax return and all supporting documentation that you would give an accountant to prepare your tax return, PLUS all end-of-year IRA statements whether you are taking an IRA distribution or not.
- If you are not a senior, but have a neighbor or family member in town who is, please remind them of the May 1st deadline.
- If you will be 65 by May 1, 2023, have owned your home for a year, and your total household income (all sources including full Social Security) minus IRA distributions is less than $58,400 you may qualify for the county portion of the Senior Aged exemption; if less than $37,399, you may qualify for the town and school portion of this exemption. See renewal income requirement noted in the first bullet point above.
- If you are already receiving the Enhanced STAR Exemption, it no longer needs to be renewed (NYS will verify your income).
- If you will be 65 by December 31, 2023, have owned your home prior to June 1st 2015, and your total household adjusted gross income minus any IRA distributions is less than $93,200, then you may qualify for the Enhanced STAR Exemption. If you owned your home after June 1st 2015, then you have to register with NYS for their STAR Check Program for either Basic or Enhanced STAR, visit: https://www.tax.ny.gov/star/
- Volunteer Firefighters and Ambulance Workers must complete the recertification that was sent out in March (peach colored form).
- To find out more about these senior citizen exemptions, please join the Assessor at the Morabito Community Center on April 25th at 10:30am.
May 1st is also the deadline to submit any requests to merge and split parcels for mapping changes for the June 1, 2023 assessment roll.
Please contact the assessment for required documentation. Note that any map changes not included on the 2023 assessment roll will then not become official until the June 1, 2024 tentative assessment roll.
Remember, if you miss the May 1st deadline, you will not be entitled to the exemption on the 2023 Assessment roll.
Save the Date: June 20th is Grievance Day to appeal your assessment. Grievances may be submitted to the Assessment Office from June 1 to June 20. More information will be posted on the Assessment Webpage in late May. The Assessor also plans to hold an informal meeting at the end of May on how to navigate the appeal process.
If you have any questions, please contact the Assessment Office at 914-734-1040 or email: email@example.com.