Town of Cortlandt Vacancy- Town Council Position
For more information contact:
Claudia Vahey, Personnel Manager
Town of Cortlandt
(914) 734-1004 Fax: (914) 734-1003
Cortlandt Manor, NY, December 23, 2021
TOWN OF CORTLANDT
VACANCY – TOWN COUNCIL POSITION
The Town of Cortlandt Town Board is seeking to fill a vacancy on the Cortlandt Town Board for the position of Councilperson. The position will be vacant effective January 1, 2022.
The Town Council, also known as the Town Board is comprised of four council members, who are elected for a four year term, and the Supervisor, a full time position, who is elected for a two year term.
The Town Board is the governing and legislative body of the Town. It determines policy and is the branch of government that appropriates funds and adopts the annual Budget of the Town. Some additional Town Board responsibilities include:
- Adopt amendments to the Town Code
- Fill appointive positions
- Require all Town employees to perform their duties faithfully.
- Appoint & supervise all Boards, Council & Committees
- Award contracts for public works and purchase contracts requiring competitive bids
- Provide for an independent audit of all Town accounts.
- Directs and supervisors all department heads and managers.
Interested candidates must submit cover letter and resumes by Friday January 21, 2022. Applicants should send information to:
1 Heady Street
Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567
Please be advised that the successful candidate will have to run for elected office in November 2022 and also in November 2023 for the full four (4) year term.