Please select a year.
Town of Cortlandt Green Team Updates
Green Team Update – The members of the Town of Cortlandt Green Team Executive Committee would like to provide the following update on our completed Green Team initiatives, ongoing projects and upcoming plans. We are excited that many of our projects and initiatives have been completed since our inception in May 2009.
- Culture Change – Green thinking and green action from all employees ie.turning off all lights and electronics (at end of business day)
- Adoption of Green Procurement Policy
- Elimination of printing and mailing of Recreation Brochure and Sanitation Booklet
- Green Team sink – Closet project
- Double sided copying
- Going paperless - Scanning documents when possible
- Youth Activities – Annual Earth Day poster contest and award at official Town Board Meeting
- Green Team Table at Cortlandt Family Fun Day – September 2009
- Earth Day Event – April 17, 2010- Kick off at Montrose Gazebo with other locations available for pick up of cleaning supplies.
- Presented at the Town of Cortlandt Energy Summit on December 1, 2010
- Launch of Energize Cortlandt and Renew Cortlandt websites – These two items provide community outreach and information.
- Green House Gas Emissions Inventory and Climate Action Plan as a result of the NWEAC-NYSERDA grant
- Earth Day Event/”Stop & Swap”– April 30, 2011 in conjunction with Shop Cortlandt – Green Initiative
- Coordinated a compost bin and rain barrel sale – May 7, 2011
- Green Team Table at Cortlandt Family Fun Day – September 10, 2011 - Spin the environmental wheel and win a “green” prize
- “Stop & Swap” and the Green Fair - September 24, 2011
- Earth Day Event/”Give and Take” April 21, 2012
- Lunch & Learn Events: recycling, Stormwater Management, Blue Springs-Renew Cortlandt, How to Go Green: Cleaning, Personal Care and Paper product alternatives
Upcoming Events: Community Outreach Initiatives – Attached please find our flyer for our upcoming event – COMMUNITY SWAP & GREEN FAIR – Please share with family, friends and neighbors.
Saturday, September 8, 2012 – Green Team Table at Cortlandt Family Fun Day. – Hours: 12 Noon – 4:00pm
We need volunteers to work at the table: Distribute information about upcoming “Community Swap” and Furniture Share and to spin the environmental wheel. Please see me if you would like to volunteer.
Saturday, September 22, 2012 – Community Swap/Furniture Share and Green Fair
We will once again be holding this very popular event known as the Stop & Swap and Give & Take. This year we are including Furniture Share, a not-for-profit organization that provides individuals and families with basic household furnishings they need free of charge. Here is their website for more information www.furnituresharehouse.org . In addition, we will also be holding the Green Vendor Fair. This will include green vendors, as well as, Cortlandt Farm Market, Baked by Susan and many others. We need volunteers from 8:30am – 11:00am or 11:00am – 1:30pm. We need assistance in sorting through items that are to be included in the community swap. Please let me know if you would like to volunteer.
The Green Team Executive Board:
Claudia Vahey, Patricia Robcke, Sharon Palmiotto, Christine Edwards, Judi Peterson, Dani Glaser