Please select a year.
Job Opportunity - Senior Account Clerk
Senior Account Clerk FT
The Town of Cortlandt is currently seeking to fill two positions in the title of Senior Account Clerk. Employees in these positions are tasked with keeping difficult and varied financial records usually limited to one phase of bookkeeping. Examples of work:
- Makes up and checks department payrolls;
- Posts to ledger accounts from expense and appropriation records;
- Maintains departmental accounts and updates financial records, as required;
- Makes periodic reports to superior concerning financial conditions;
- Performs or assists in reconciliation of bank and bond accounts;
- Assists in the preparation of Federal and State tax reports;
- Issues receipts for deposits and issues refunds;
- Classifies receipts and expenditures according to standard classification;
- Writes vouchers and checks;
- Prepares deposit slips and makes deposits;
- Performs or assists in the coding of accounts.
Must have excellent computer skills and strong experience with Excel spreadsheets, word processing and data base software. Experience in working with the public. Three (3) years of work experience in financial record keeping. Salary commensurate with experience - $51,461 - $54,170. Town of Cortlandt residents preferred. Deadline for application: September 6, 2019. E-mail resume to C. Vahey at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE