Please select a year.
Employment Opportunity: Stock Clerk – FT – Temporary Position
TOWN OF CORTLANDT – FT – TEMPORARY POSITION
The individual in this position is responsible for the ordering, receipt, storage and issuance of materials and supplies for the Town of Cortlandt government.
- Orders, receives, stores and issues materials, supplies, parts and equipment;
- Maintains an appropriate amount of materials, supplies, parts and equipment inventory and keeps them stored in their proper order and location;
- Maintains records of parts issued, their demand and their usage;
- Takes stock of all materials, supplies, parts and equipment periodically and/or annually;
- Picks up material and transports to storage or to platforms for delivery;
- Prepares and maintains requisitions and processes purchase orders for materials, supplies, parts and equipment;
- Liaison with vendors to request price quotes, confirm parts availability and compatibility as well as track the status of orders;
- Checks merchandise received against purchase orders/requisitions to ensure accuracy of shipment;
- Receives and files requisitions for materials, supplies, parts and equipment;
- Performs other semi-complex manual or clerical work related to stock-keeping process, such as posting information concerning supplies to appropriate records and providing periodic equipment performance reports, cost reports, inventory reports or fuel usage reports;
- Uses computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software in performing work assignments;
- May be required to drive a car or small truck to pick up or deliver materials
- May be responsible for providing assistance with mail distribution
Graduation from high school or possession and one (1) year of experience which involved the handling, ordering, issuing, distribution, or maintenance of supplies, materials, parts or commodities. Must have a valid license, appropriate for the vehicle to be operated and issued by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
This position is a 35 hour work week and the hourly rate of pay is $24.00. This position is not eligible for benefits. Town of Cortlandt resident preferred.
To apply contact Claudia Vahey, CLAUDIAV@TOWNOFCORTLANDT.COM. Town of Cortlandt is an EOE. Application deadline April 29, 2022.