Skip Navigation

Town of Cortlandt, NY

Email a link to this web page.
Simply fill out this form and click Send.
*Fields in Red are required.
*You must enter a valid email
*You must enter a valid email.
Town of Cortlandt SealGo to our home page

Latest News

Please select a year.

Get your U.S. Passport at Town Hall this Friday, June 22nd

Release Date: June 19, 2018
 View Printable News Story
click here to view the flyer

Getting a U.S. Passport just got easier.

As new passport requirements go into effect I want to remind the residents of Cortlandt Manor that our staff will be visiting Cortlandt Town Hall, 1 Heady Street, on Friday, June 22nd to process passport applications from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Passports have always been a necessary document for those who traveled outside of the North American continent, but now a U.S. Passport will be required for travel even closer to home.  So as you are planning your next vacation or business trip, here are some things to keep in mind:

Do not wait until the last minute:  Apply now.  Routine passport applications generally take approximately six weeks.  For an additional charge, expedited service will result in your obtaining your passport in no more than three weeks.  But only in emergency circumstances can a passport application be processed more quickly, so do not delay.

PLEASE NOTE:  You will need a passport to enter the United States by air, by land or by sea unless you are a child under the age of 16 entering by land or sea with proof of U.S. citizenship or an adult with another travel document approved by the Department of Homeland Security.

Be sure to bring the proper documentation:  You will need proof that you are a United States citizen such as an original or certified copy of your birth certificate, a consular report of birth abroad or a naturalization certificate.  If your Adult passport is expired OVER 5 years, you can apply with us by bringing your old passport.  If passport expired UNDER 5 years, you must renew by mail with DS-82 application.  You will also need proof of your identity such as a current valid driver’s license or a government issued identification card.  For minors under the age of 16, both parents should appear together and sign the application of the child. However, if only one parent appears and signs, that parent must submit the other parent's notarized Statement of Consent form (DS-3053) and a photocopy of their identification.  The Statement of Consent form can be found at

Fees:  The fee for an adult passport is $110.00 and for a child’s passport is $80.00.  Fees can be paid by money order or check, only.  There is an additional $35.00 service fee that can be paid by money order, check or credit card.  Applications will also be accepted for the U.S. Passport Card for land and sea border travel, only.  The fee for adults is $30.00 and for children, the fee is $15.00 with an additional $35.00 service fee.  Be sure to bring original documents with raised seals to avoid having to make a second trip.  If you have questions about whether you have what you need to apply, do not hesitate to call our office at 995-3082 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. or visit our website at

We look forward to the opportunity to help you with your U.S. Passport application when our staff visits Cortlandt Manor.     



Timothy C. Idoni

Westchester County Clerk